In 2010, Dr. Denis Mukwege, Dr. Lee Ann De Reus and Peter Frantz established Panzi Foundation to
support the ongoing work of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, DR Congo and create new outreach projects
to rural clinics and communities. Specifically, we aim to:
- Promote basic quality health care for marginalized populations
- Improve access to quality maternal and reproductive health
- Promote and encourage the application of women's rights and gender equality
- Prevent violence against women and children
- Support survivors of rape and sexual violence to rebuild their lives and those of their communities.